Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Deep run in Sunday WarmUp (23/4691)

This past Sunday I had run a deep in the Poker Stars $215 Sunday Warm Up. I placed 23rd for $2.3k however was gutted with the overall result. After 8 hours of play and down to the final 30 I'm sitting with an above average stack. I 4 bet a late position raiser on the button with AQ and we eventually get it in for what was a $1.5m pot. Winning this would have seen my stack grow to around $2.3m.

I'm delighted to see him table AJ however this was short lived when a J hits the flop and he rakes the pot. Totally gutting however I got very lucky in a hand earlier in tourney so I guess it evened itself out. With that said I would have been in great shape and had a fantastic shot at a $150k score had I won that pot.

Left short I spend the next half an hour shoving and end up getting back up to about $1m, however I eventually run my pocket Jacks into pocket Aces and its goodnight.

That was my 2nd Sunday Warm Up cash this month and I have also had 2 deep runs in the Party Million in recent months. Although the initial disappointment isn't great once that elevates it just makes you even more hungry to persist.

Below is a screen shot and I hope to be replacing that with one of me in 1st during the course of 2010...


No comments: