Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Art of Disconnection

Having managed to locate a few added value Sattys on Absolute poker for the UBOCs I fired in a few hundred $$$ to give them a shot. I proceed to fire open 2 $120 sattys both offering $1k seats and each only having 5-6 players. Bingo, I've stumbled upon something sweet here........10mins into the sats............POWER CUT !!! GAME OVER.

I ring the electricity board and the power won't be turn on for another 4 hours. After steaming for 30mins I finally calm down so decide to just drive to Bristol and do some shopping, nothing more I can do :(

This weekend I've played a fully schedule of tourneys making about 4 minor cashes. The next few weeks are going to be busy for me with work and trips to Ireland so I've decided to use it as my standard break from online poker. I tend to take a few weeks here and there, although my volume over the last few weeks has been minimal I'm not really feeling it online at the moment.

With that said I will be playing some live events so the break from online will motivate me more for those, see the previous entry for details on my potential live tourneys.

1 comment:

Chris Helms, MBA said...

I just came across your blog by searching for poker blogs on google. I like what you're doing here and I'm going to follow your feeds. Thanks for the information. I have a poker blog as well. I hope you will take a look at it and follow mine too.

Chris Helms
http://floppedtheboat.blogspot.com