Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Live/Online Update

As this is my first post in a while I'll break it down into small sections...

Live.


I played the £220 Deepstack event in Bristol last month, I busted late in day 1 and it was a fairly uneventful tourney for me. The structure was ok with a 10k starting stack on an hour clock and this event produced 100 runners which wasn't bad at all for a local tourney. Myself, Dann (s4ooter) and Shme all went down for the event with Shme busting first despite building a decent stack early on, Dann busted next after getting "s4ootered" (again) and finally I busted around mid-night shoving my shortstack into AT.

This was the only event I played over the past few months which wasn't the original plan, this was due to a number of reasons. One, the UKIPT is making a return for a 2nd season and therefore I want to try and keep some holidays (from work) to play some of these. I played 3 of the events last season and enjoyed everyone of them, so looking forward to trying to satellite into a few more. Secondly my overall volume has generally been a lot lower and haven't had the urge to play live events like I did a few months back. After the Bristol event I just figured unless the live event was a juicy event or festival then I cba to travel to it. It's pointless booking time off work and trekking to a venue for one event, wasting money on hotels, travel, food, etc... Plus my time is probably better spent online. With that said I'll be throwing lots of UKIPT satellites into my weekly schedule, furthermore the GUKPT satellites have been restructured so I may even try and play one of those events. Although I've been told there isn't much dead money in them anymore, it would still be interesting to play an event to get a feel for the competition.

Online.

Online has been mediocre to say the least over the past few months. I haven't made a final in a while and when you grind MTTs that does hurt. I made it deep in a 6-Max $44 MTT on Stars and stupidly spewed the chip lead with JJ on a 255 flop after flatting a raise preflop, the villain woke up with A5 lol.

I also min-cashed the Sunday Warmup again playing my A game. Just in the money I took a hit and ran three shoves through uncontested, then I wake up with QQ and shove for a fourth time and a big stack calls me with 99, flop...9 gg.

Apart from that some other cashes here and there, with that said my all time online MTT winnings has now surpassed $60k...



I also shipped a30e Double Shootout good fpr 530e. The beauty of this tourney was that only 17 players registered, meaning one lucky player got a freeroll to the 9-handed final table....fortunately that lucky player was me.

I built a stack early on and managed to get it allin with the other bigstack at the table and another medium stack with AA. I was in the big blind with AA, folded around to the button who makes it 450 (blinds 75/150). SB shoves 1.7k and I flat in the BB playing 5k, button shoves and I call. SB has QT, me AA and button QQ, I hold and have over half the chips in play with 4 left...






2 comments:

Tom said...

Jsut commenting so you know people do read this!

Keep the updates coming.

FezioJnr said...

Thanks Tom :D :D Nice to know someone is reading :D :D Cheers.