Monday, January 10, 2011

Rush On Demand & Graphs

Over the past month or so I've been playing more and more of the ROD tourneys on Full Tilt. Basically once 45 players register for a ROD SnG the tourney fires up, late reg then remains open for 20mins or so. The majority of players like to wait for the 2nd or 3rd blind level so entries usually rise to between 150-300 players depending on the buyin.

As you've seen from previous posts I've won a few of these to date, they're fantastic fast pase tourneys and something a little different from the norm. I haven't really grinded them as such, simply thrown them into my MTT schedule whilst I've been playing.

I've played 155 of them so far and although a poor sample size it's just nice to take a look and see how I've been getting on. I've been jumping between the $12 and $26 tourneys giving me an average buyin of $16. Total profit in these 155 games to date is just over $2.5k.

I may consider putting together a post specifically about ROD strategy. A fellow GNF'er has done something similar which I feel is a great read, Rush On Demand Tournaments: A Love Hate Thing.

ROD graph below...


I'm currently on a -$500 downswing at the moment and have been well placed about 4 times with 2 tables left but fallen short at all times. This seems the norm for me as I've gone on a -$500 downswing four times over the past 150 games.

Talking of graphs, I'm thinking about getting back into the 18 mans. After speaking with Dann whos currently grinding them. It's a great way of getting VPPs and I'd like to try and get my account up to 15k FPPs to play one of the 9 man Pro SnGs for the craic. I think the winner walks away with about $1k and theres a $200 Pro Bounty on offer as well. Will probably jump between the $16 and $27 18 mans. Here is my current graph is the $16 and $27 18 mans at the moment...

I have the £100'er at DTD next weekend so looking forward to that as it'll be my first live event of 2011. This will be shortly followed by the team event I'm entering as part of GNF and then for the £500'er UKIPT at DTD, so it's going to be a busy few months for me pokerwise.

I'll also be playing the $216 FTOPS Rush On Demand Turbo event during the UKIPT. I'm playing Day 1a on the Friday and the Rush FTOPS on Sat night along with Gazika, we'll be splitting 20% of the Final Table if either of us manage to make it. I think we're both well versed in Rush strategy, so giving this a shot is a must. Lots of players will jump in just because it's an FTOPS so I'm sure there will be plenty of dead money.

Cheers.

No comments: