Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NAPAT Team Event + UKIPT + Blog Stats

Not The APAT Team Event


left to right top to bottom - [citrusSR, FezioJnr, tFeilding, FirePhil, Cayton, DiceMan, Jingjangjong, MangoFish, S4ooter]


Went up to Star City in Birmingham this past weekend to play the NAPAT Team event with 8 fellow GNF members. 10 teams of 9 entered, it was only a small event, £50 buyin per player but was great fun and very well organised. It's an event which offers everyone a good time, lots of people there were experiencing their first taste of live poker which was great to see.

I finished the event in 3rd place (from 90 runners) and GNF finished 2nd in the team rankings.


During the final table with 4 left I needed to finish ahead of the one guy at the table from the Black Belt forum in order for out team to finish 2nd, meaning the team would pocket £750. I managed to do this which was nice as it meant everyone got a return on the weekend. We all took £80 each and used the rest to spunk on a few numbers on the roulette wheel :D I also pocketed about £300 for 3rd and a 3rd place plate :D

Great weekend, great result and really enjoyed meeting everyone there.

UKIPT Nottingham

I'm driving up to Nottingham tomorrow evening to get checked into my hotel before Day 1a of the UKIPT event. I'm really looking forward to it as 2010 was a dive in terms of live results for me. Although I only played 4ish £500 buyins during the year it's just annoying when you fail to get anything going. However my faith has been restored this year as I've played 2 live events with 12/810 and 3/90 finishes.

The UKIPT always offers plenty of play, generally I'm happy playing a 10k stack on a 40min clock (even without the 75/150 and 150/300 levels) however with the 15k starting stack on a 60min clock there is plenty of room to play your A-game. You can chose to sit tight or if you prefer, get creative with that sort of stack.

I'm thinking that the 800 cap won't be broken although I'm going with 720 runners for this one, which is more than last year.

I'll be jumping into the side events if I fail to progress in the main event but after the UKIPT the live poker front goes quiet for me. Until I head to Vegas for the WSOPC. I also have a $2k tourney ticket sitting on Stars which I'm itching to use but I've pretty much 100% decided I'll use it for a SCOOP event, just annoying I have to wait until May until it gets used :(

Blog Stats

I never really started a blog to get lots and lots of readers, it was generally a personal journal to keep track of results and performance over time, then be able to scan and observe my progression over time. However since I've been updating slightly more regular my visitor graph has taken a nice upward rise month on month. Still I'm not in the thousands of readers category (per month) but I'm pushing for it :P

The graph below shows unique views per month...



Good luck at the tables :D

No comments: