Tuesday, May 10, 2011

$3,800 - 1/166 ($109 Daily)

So, I booked Monday and Tuesday off work this week in anticipation I'd be playing day 2 of at least 1 SCOOP event. As it turned out I cashed in one of 5 events, for about $350 in a $215 event. I busted all the others after roughly 3 hours of play in each. I used tickets for all so it was a slight profit (however will show as -$3k on sharkscope).

Therefore I took Monday off and chilled, then hit the MTT grid on today. Gymed it up this morning and played an afternoon schedule from 2pm. Played awesome in the $109 14:00 tourney and ran well when it mattered finishing FIRST for about $3,800. Weeeeee....

This is my 2nd outright win this month and although I ran well in one particular hand, I feel I'm gaining a clear edge short-handed and headups. This is aided by playing 6-Max and 4-Max which I highly advise as it comes in so useful. I've still not gotten around to doing a short-handed article, I'm keen to do some sort of 4-max video as I have HH's from endless tourneys now :) Time pending of course.

Anyway, the hand in which I got uber lucky was 6-handed in this event. Myself and another guy were playing 90k, which at the time were the two biggest stacks. The past 2 rounds I'd opened raised his BB, only for him to put in a strong 3-bet. 3rd time around I have A7s and open once again, low and behold he 3-bets from the BB and it's back to me. I don't want to call and play a flop with so much invested pre-flop. Therefore I figure he's capable of folding AQ, AJ and medium pairs to a shove here Vs the other biggest stack. Therefore I ship it in and he snaps me off with KK haha :( WTF!!!! Anyway after a blank flop I'm about to smash the laptop due to throwing away a great spot with an ill timed move. Poker Stars have other ideas when an A binks on the turn :D :D I fade a K on the river and I'm in a prime spot to own it from here 5-handed. By the time it's heads up I've chipped up to like 400k and playing against a guy with 100k. I get him to shove allin with QT Vs my A6s, blank blank blank blank ...... Q ! :P Here we go. I regroup and figure I would have loved to be in this spot when I was allin with the A7. I mix it up with some well timed 3-bets and take it down when we get it allin on a 3 spade flop, I have 2 spades and he has the Ace of spade. I fade and SHIP IT, Weeeeeee...!!!!

No comments: