Wednesday, June 8, 2011

€2.5k Unibet Open Package and four figures

Well I put in an uber 12 hours grind session this past Sunday. It didn't start too well but then I ran deep in the Stars $11 rebuy. I ended up busting in 6th out of 1,362 runners for a score of $1,700. This was bitter sweet as I was playing very well and thought I'd have a great shot at shipping it. 6 handed I lost a flip to bust a player KJ < QT. This would have seen 5 left with me 2nd in chips, I failed to recover from this and busted out in 6th.


Last week I watched a few clips on YouTube of the Unibet Open event in Malta, it looked sick. So I did some research and saw that they run a weekly tourney with 8 packages guaranteed. They are holding an event in Barcelona this week but their next stop is in Dublin in August. Therefore I downloaded Unibet, fired up an account and fired in some Euros. I played a €60 sub satellite to their weekly €275 satellite. I shipped this and bagged a seat.

Now with €20k worth of packages guaranteed they needed 80 players in order to meet the guarantee, they satellite only got 63 runners meaning an overlay of about €4,500. Once I got a decent stack it was fairly easy to push on and bully everyone as they were just all on auto fold. After 3 and a half hours of solid play I found myself in the top 8 and with a €2,500 package to the Unibet Open.

It's a 4 day €1,500 event. I also get €300 for flights and the rest covers four nights in the City West Golf Resort Hotel which is where the event is held. Really looking forward to it.

Screenshots of the results are below...


2 comments:

Nicu said...

Unibet e cel ami tare site de jocuri online: Unibet Romania

Unknown said...

The simplest way to Play Poker win at ? Follow some common rules: study your opponents, believe in your strategy and hide your tells. Beginner poker players might think that with poor cards you cannot win. However, this is the secret – play poker and deal with whatever cards you get. Here are some tips you should take into account.