Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oxegen, 2 Finals, UKIPT Brighton & Golf

This is my first update in a while. Nothing major to report pokerwise, work and my personal life has been busy so my poker volume has been down of late.

I recently got back from 5 days in Ireland. I went over for the Oxegen Festival and it was totally awesome. About 90,000 people were there over the course of the weekend and it was said to be the biggest festival in Europe.

Highlights for me were Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Two Door Cinema Club and City and Colour. I also went to see BEP, Beyonce and Bruno Mars, not my typical music but all great entertainers in their own right. Bruno Mars was awesome, singing, dancing, playing the guitar and piano, just an all round class act.

Two Finals

Although I've nothing to rave about poker wise I have made 2 final tables within the past week. They both came in the my usual Big Antes Cap games I play, the first was 4/285 in the $27.50 500 Cap for $600 and the second was an annoying 8/358 in the $22 for $180.

UKIPT Brighton

After failing hard to qualify for UKIPT Brighton I decided to buyin anyway. I had all the required days booked off work and I've also sold off 20% of my action in the Unibet Open, so decided to "treat myself".

I've got the Hilton booked for Fri and Sat night so will probably drive down early Friday morning (depending on how I feel I may head down Thur afternoon and find a cheap room somewhere).

With the majority of pros in Vegas I imagine the quality of the field to be reduced. 15k starting stack on an hour clock gives plenty of room for play so I'm looking forward to it. This will be my 5th UKIPT (played Season 1 Galway, S1 Coventry, S1 Nottingham and S2 Nottingham) and I'm yet to cash in any. I've made day 2 50% of the time so looking to break my duck this weekend. Updates can be found on my Twitter account.

Golf

I've decided to take up golf along with S4ooter, we've had one driving range session and have another scheduled for this week. We'll hopefully hit a course for the first time in a few weeks pending improvements.

We're blogging our golf progression here. We've had one private coaching session by Mr Golf Dan Carter which led to epic improvements. More to come hopefully :)

5 comments:

Tom said...

Best of luck in brighton. Ive been arguing with myself whether to play and I think Ive now finally come to the conclusion to give it a miss

subprimeloan said...

You seem like a nice guy. It was fun playing with you. play soon I hope.

Gl

Tom said...

are you still alive?

FezioJnr said...

haha Yes Tom :D :D Soz mate haven't got around to putting a post up recently. I want to do a post on some PKR Final Tables and also the live events coming up but haven't got around to it.

Will make an effort to do one this week :D :D

Anonymous said...

I think we need to bring more ideas for this purpose. Involvement of young people can be handy in this regard. I am happy to find a good post here.
You Also Visit our blogs :- 1841 Gambling Blogs List, Free Bingo For Cash, House Bingo.