Sunday, September 27, 2009

GSOP III - Event 1: $200 NLHE

The first event of the GSOP III was the $200 buyin NLHE event, which drew a total of 2,241 players, I finally busted out after 4 hours of play in 757th place.

Nothing really major to report from this one, you started with a 5k stack on a 20min clock so plenty of room for lots of play. First hour I managed to chip up to 10k winning lots of small pots. The next 2 hours I was card dead and had around 6k at the third break.

I busted just short of the fourth break, i had around 4k with blinds at 200/400/40. UTG raises to 1200, it's folded around and I shove my 4k from the Button with AKs, UTG calls and shows AKo (with a diamond). Board brings 4 diamonds and I hit the rail, GG.

I also managed 6th out of 24 players in the $80 CBMPT satty, with top 2 getting paid. I busted again with AKs AIPF vs A10s and of course, A10 hits the flush... GG. :P

2 solid games of poker on my part, however unable to really gather chips tonight. I got my money in good in both tourneys but it was just the right move at the wrong time.


Ciao for now.

No comments: