Wednesday, November 17, 2010

PokerStars.com Daily Ninety Grand Fail + More

Online volume has been minimal of late however I’ve found time to play some MTTs with frustrating results. My first deep run came in the Poker Stars DNG a daily $55 tourney, I’ve played this a number of times before and have managed a few deep runs with my best result being about 30th.

The tourney saw 2,521 players take to the virtual baize generating a first prize of about $19k. I started well and after a few hours of play found myself in the money with a slightly above average stack. With 120 players left I found myself short shoving to a button raise from the sb with AK only for the bb to wake up with QQ and hold. From here I pretty much enforced uber short stack management and did so until there were about 30 players left, never really getting out of the bottom 10 of the field from 120-30 players. I began to gain some momentum by open shove, 3-bet shoving and chipping up mostly preflop. I then proceeded to open with AK only for the button to 3-bet, I set him all in and he snaps with JTo, J on the turn and I’m crippled. Very next hand I shove to a raise with 10 bigs holding A3s, the raiser snaps (committed) with K9 and hits. Really frustrating to run bad at the wrong time, brought back horrible memories of being deep in the Sunday Warmup (AQ less than AJ aipr for 3m pot with 20 left)

I’ve also been playing some MTTs on Poker.co.uk primarily the €10 rebuys, I’ve done well in these over the past few days making 3 final tables. I’ve placed 10/120 for €60 after getting it in for the chip lead with TT vs A9 for the A to bink, 5/130 for €270 and most recently 3/101 for €375.

UKIPT Galway

I’ve yet to qualify for the €1,000 main event which takes place in a few weeks. I’ve played 2 €215 satellites, both having 40 runners producing 4 packages each, the first I busted 14th and the second I busted 8th. I’ll play a few more of these however regardless of winning a package I’ll still be heading to Galway during the event so will most likely be playing one of the side events if I don’t get a package within the next 2 weeks.

DTD Grand Prix 2011

A quick mention for Dusk Till Dawn, they’re hosting their 2nd Grand Prix and having missed the £50 last month I’ll definitely be playing the £100 Grand Prix in January. I’ll be hitting it up with Dann and we’ve already sorted accommodation so we’re good to go lol.

1 comment:

Dann Williams said...

love the new look of the Blog, i need to "re-invent" mine tbh, and should get round to it very soon.

Cheers for the linky and namedrop ;)