Monday, November 29, 2010

...the ship has arrived !

Well last week I made a post about being so close but no quite "getting there". I put in a session over the weekend and on Saturday I again had numerous deep runs. I had 5 cashes on Saturday making one final table. My results were 124/2780 for $22, 21/876 for $93, 15/360 for $108, 44/500 for $50 and 7/360 for $252.

With all of these deep runs I was beginning to think it just wasn't going to happen and then on Sunday I bust a $33 500 man tourney in 57th with 56 paid after getting involved with another big stack with JJ pre, he woke up with AA.

Anyway in the background during the $33 MTT was the $27.50 4-Max. I really enjoy these 4-Max events and have done well in the $44 4-Max on Stars. With 320 runners in the $27.50 I was chip leader with 8 left. I lost a huge pot after flopping trip 5s when my opponent rivered a flush, managed to regain a stack without showdown and again lost a big pot with trips after another rivered flush (lol), I was beginning to think it wasn't my day.

However I again managed to regain my stack and really did dominate without showdown, I was really pleased as I was bossing the game when there were 6 left and I'll make a post with some key hands. Two in particular involved calling a river bet with A high (on a double paired board) and also calling a strong river bet with pocket 7s on a board containing a K and a J.

The Deal

Once we were 3 handed we decided to call in a mod to discuss a deal. 3rd took $688 and 1st was $2,080. Two of us had 400k in chips and the other guy had 90k, ideally I wanted to wait until headsup however was willing to look at the numbers. In the deal 3rd was offered $800 however he said he wouldn't deal for less than $1,100 haha "yeah ok mate good one".

We played on and eventually got rid of the short stack. I had a minor chip lead in headsup however we called in the mod as I was willing to deal if we split based on chip stacks, he agreed and the deal was done. It looked like once the deal was done he couldn't be assed to play on a shoved allin on a 3KKK board, I snapped with 88 and won the pot and the tourney. However I'm 100% sure he wouldn't have made this play had the deal not been done.

As mentioned I'll be sure to save out some key hands and post them up when I get the chance...


Coaching


Over the past 2 weeks I've been providing coaching to a mate of mine. He has a good grasp of poker already and the coaching isn't too intensive. He put some money of Tilt and during my sessions I just have a Skype call open with him so he can ask questions whenever he wants and I can give him tips. Its been great so far and I've even learned a lot from our sessions, what's more it's good to see him learning and understanding what I'm explaining.

He managed to grind the $3 step on Tilt into a $75 ticket. I told him to use it for a "real money" tourney and we opted for the $75 45-man. Once I'd shipped the $27.50 I focused on his table talking him through things and aiding decisions. Anyway to cut a long story short he shipped it for just under $1,200 weeeeeeeeeeeeee. He was amazed and chuffed. I told him to cash out a chunk and for the meantime just continue what he's doing which he did...


UKIPT Galway

Well the final satellites are over and I've failed in my attempted to bag a main event seat. I'm heading over Wednesday night so instead of playing Day 1 on Thursday I'll just chillout and relax. I'll then head to the venue Friday as the 350 side event kicks off in the evening. They have a 50 5 seat gtd f/o satty before hand so I'm going to play that to get into the "live" groove. If I win a seat then great but if not I'll buy into the event anyway. I imagine most of the day 1 main event bust outs will be playing so the field should be fairly large. Looking forward to playing live again :D

That's all for now folks :D :D


No comments: