Tuesday, December 7, 2010

UKIPT Galway, UKIPT DTD and 2011

UKIPT Galway

Well first up UKIPT Galway was a big fail for me. My flight out to Dublin was delayed due to Dublin Airport closing because of the snow. It finally opened and we took off eventually landing in Dublin at 9pm. Dublin was covered in snow and it wasn’t letting up with the snow chucking it down as we landed. Our flight was the last flight to land before it closed again due to the weather.

Right, so I’m in Dublin at 9pm, in a blizzard and I need to get 150 miles across country to Galway, with the airport closed and most buses to the centre cancelled my chances don’t look good. I managed to find a GoBus which was going direct to Galway via the motorway and I finally got away at 10pm. The road conditions were awful and I was getting slightly worried when we were sliding all over the road and passing endless broken down cars and AA vans. To be fair the driver did well and although he was going at 10mph I finally got to Galway at 1am lol. Not bad seeing as I left for the airport at 3.30pm the previous day.

So due to the weather conditions my girlfriend couldn’t meet me as she lives 30 minutes outside of Galway in the sticks. I check into a Travelodge and book 3 nights as it was only 90e. I get to the Travelodge around 1.30am and it’s -3, I go into my room and ..... THE WINDOW IS WIDE OPEN AND THE ROOM IS FREEEEEEZING !!! I was fuming. I popped the heating on, pulled out the 2 spare duvets, put on my hoody and all was well :D not a great 12 hours for me that’s for sure.

http://selinux.gave.me.this.remoteshell.org/fail-boat.jpg

Ok so as mentioned in a previous post I was planning on playing the 350e side event on the Friday however when I wake up on Thursday and check Poker Stars there’s an announcement that the UKIPT has been postponed due to the weather. It was postponed a day so I assumed (never assume it makes an ass out of you and me) all the side events would be pushed back a day as well. If they stuck with running the 350e event on the Friday then Stars would miss out on a day’s worth of bust outs in the 1,000e main event. Anyway with this announcement I figured that there was no poker for me that weekend because if the 350e was running from Sat/Sun I couldn’t play as I was flying home Sun.

I made it to Galway after 12 hours in the snow, changed my £s to es for the tourney buyin and was ready for some poker but it wasn’t meant to be. I spent the long weekend with my girlfriend HOWEVER on Sat I read the 350e tourney did start on Friday as planed and it was just the Main Event that got pushed back AHHHHHHHHH !!!! This sent me to Tiltsville, I was soo annoyed at myself for not 100% checking and I could have easily walked to the venue to double check. When I found this out I proceeded to go on Tilt and spewed the 350e buyin on a pointless overly expensive meal and some clothes lol.

Anyway that was a 100% poker related fail of a weekend, the main plus was that I got to spend all my time with my girlfriend which was nice.

UKIPT Nottingham

I played a £44 Seat Only satellite last night to the next UKIPT Main Event and managed to ship a £560 seat. It’s nice to bag a seat to this nice and early and it takes the pressure off the longer it goes without bagging one. Which leads me onto next year...

Live Poker in 2011

January/February is going to be a busy couple of months for me in terms of live poker (by my standards).

I have a return flight to Vegas booked for April during the WSOP Circuit at Ceasars. There will be endless ring events with buyins ranging from $300-$500 during my stay. At the moment I’m 50/50 about going as I don’t have anyone 100% definitely coming with me due to the £700 return flight. I may head over regardless however all depends on how the poker side of my life is treating me around that time.

Online

Nothing major to report here as I’ve been away however I did bag the £560 UKIPT seat and have had two MTT cashes since my ship, 11/360 for $115 and 7/500 for $220.

That’s all for now :D

Cheers

4 comments:

Tom said...

See how many posts you can keep the ship theme flowing.

FezioJnr said...

haha !!! I'm on 3 atm, gona aim for 5 :P

Fenix35 said...

Nice going with the UKIPT Sat!

Want to swap links?

FezioJnr said...

Sure mate, I'll add you to my blog roll :D