Monday, December 20, 2010

MTT Win, Friends, Deep Runs

Friend Running Hot

Well in a few of my previous posts I've mentioned my mate who I've recently got into poker, I've been coaching (Gazika11) him through tourneys and teaching him the basics. Well the past week has been a sick week for him (and me in some respects). He only plays Rush as he doesn't have the patience for normal structure MTT poker.

In the space of 2 days he binked yet another $75 45 Man for $1.1k (from an original $3 step ticket), after this he finished 2nd out of 1,152 runners in the $10r $30k Rush on Tilt for $6,000 and then the day after finished 1st in the $26 $20k Rush Turbo on Tilt for $5,100 haha. I was playing with him in both of these tourneys so took 20% in each for around $2.2k. Sick sick sick run hes on.

He's taking it well in his stride and is under no illusions that this is how things are on a regular basis and appreciates theres still plenty to learn in poker but what a start to his poker career. He's got a nice little bankroll to play with now so onwards and upwards in 2011 I say.

Heads Up MTT

I had some binkage of my own on the weekend. I jumped into the $22 Heads Up MTT on Stars and managed to put together 8 straight Heads Up wins for an outright win for $1,350 which was nice...


Deep Runs

Over the weekend I had 3 deep runs falling short in all :(

I placed 40/2,369 in the Poker Stars DNG on Friday night for $267. Followed this up on Saturday with an 11/247 in the $109 $20k on Stars for $395. Finally I late reged for the new Stars major, the Sunday Kick Off. This got 1,339 runners and I busted 20th for $536.

I was feeling really good deep in the Sunday KO and felt a final table was on the cards. I went card dead for the final hour and a half before reshipping 17 bigs with AT, 66 calls and holds and that was that.

Overall this past week has been very profitable especially with Gazikas results. Plus shipping the $22 HU MTT and running deep in a few majors. Hopefully I'm just laying the foundations for 2011 and I can turn my endless deep runs in 2010 (Warm Up, Party Millions, Endless DNG runs, etc...) into some major ships :D :D

No comments: