Thursday, March 24, 2011

Final Table - $27.50 Big A (5/367)

Another session last night and another final table.

Very annoyed with my exit as I had a very commanding chip lead with 18 left. I lost a few small pots at the final table and got down to about 17 bigs. Folded to the c/o who opens which is obv pretty standard, I ship it in from the bb with A6s and he snaps with AQ. Busted in 5th for $520.

During the same session I went deep yet again in the $44 4-Max. I busted 7th for $290. I love this tourney and seem to always do/play well in it. I feel my game coupled with the skill level of the players in this tourney makes it great value for me. People can't quite seem to adjust to 4 handed play. They either become far too aggressive and spew or far too tight and can be taken advantage of. I think the most important factors in 4-Max tourneys are to open endless pots so you get an uber aggro image, therefore getting paid off when you have a hand and also being able to assign ranges, therefore getting value from you 2nd pairs and weaker hands.

I'm currently in the process of setting aside useful hand histories during my 4-handed tourney and will put together a blog post on 4-handed strategy at some point in the future.

I'm taking a few days off from poker, I'm heading to London tomorrow with some mates to visit another mate who's living over there. So I'm going to just chill this weekend and either hit up some poker upon my return on Sunday evening or leave it until Monday.

Final Table screenshot...

No comments: